– Marvin Phillips
This quote really stuck out to me. I looked at that little word “UMPH” and asked myself, what does “UMPH” mean??
There may be times in your own life that you haven’t had the UMPH or energy to do something. I know I’ve certainly been in this situation many times. It’s hard to constantly be motivated to get things done; to get that workout in; to walk the dog; to do grocery shopping. The list goes on. But how do we find the energy to do these things?
Motivational quotes can help you reach your potential each day. Sure, they’re just words. But they’re positive words. And if you’re on the verge of giving up or struggling to push yourself to the next level, then sometimes that’s just what you need. So whether you’re trying to finish a project, start a new side hustle, or hit that big life goal, knowing how to motivate yourself and train your brain for success can help.
3 tips that have helped me are:
- Create a Positive Environment
- Music can be as powerful a motivator as motivational quotes. Each morning when you wake up, play a few songs that pump you up before you start your day to get you going. By getting your mind in the right mindset, you can inch closer to motivating yourself.
- Celebrate Your Small Wins
- When you think of your BIG goal, sometimes you might feel overwhelmed. Why? Because big goals don’t get achieved right away. Instead, you need to break down that big goal into smaller, more achievable goals. This way you can be more goal-oriented and build a habit of being more effective. Celebrating the small wins will help you stay motivated on the journey towards that big goal.
- Surround Yourself with Motivated People
- This goes back to my first bullet point about creating a positive environment: you need to be around others who are just as ambitious as you. The reality is being around the right kind of people can only help you grow. If you’re surrounded by people who love your ambition and encourage you, you’ll be more ambitious and achieve more. Be around those who help you feel comfortable being the ambitious, go-getter you are, so you can become the successful person you’re meant to be.
In summary, the most important thing to remember is that the greatest source of motivation will come from YOU. I challenge you to implement these tips into your own life and I know you will see some benefit come from it. You’ve got what it takes to push you through any challenge you may face. It’s time to go get what you deserve!